Tuesday, 31 January 2012

January 2012 Favorites

I have never done a monthly favorites post before but thought I would start now! These are products I have been loving this month, some are new and some a rediscoveries. Sorry for the pants picture quality, my camera is crap and my flat is dark. Hope you like!




Elemis Sp@ Home - Frangipani Monoi Body Oil (£29.70 - 100ml) - I got this as a sample when I bought two Elemis products a while ago but I put it away and forgot about it. I was considering buying some hair oil when I remembered I had squirreled this away. This oil can be used on hair, nails and body. I use them on all three! I use it as a deep treatment on my hair once a week by applying it to dry hair and then relaxing for a few hours until I shampoo it out. On my nails I use it when I take my varnish off to give them an extra moisture boost. On my body I apply it to damp skin and it soaks in leaving my skin baby smooth and smelling amazing.
 The only down point I have with this product is that it is solid in the bottle at room temperature and you have to warm it up for it to melt into an oil. So I have to know when I am going to use it as I have to wait 10 minutes before it is warm enough to melt! 
I have bought a full size bottle since opening this one so it isn't that much of an inconvenience obviously!


Phyto PhytoBaume Color Protect Express Conditioner (£10.20 -150ml) - This was one of the samples I recieved in my first Feel Unique Beauty Box. Although I don't colour my hair anymore I still have some bits that have been highlighted in the past. These tend to get dry and frizzy looking. I have used this product 3 times now and I am very impressed. You apply it to damp hair after shampooing and then rinse it out immedietly. This is a bit odd for me as I usually leave my conditioner on for a while. Having said that you wouldn't know it had only been on for a few seconds. It works very well, very fast! Smooth silky hair after using this. However it is £10.20 for a full sized 150ml bottle. Not sure I like it that much!





Next are two products worn together. I recently rediscovered my GOSH Lip Gloss 0010 (Not sure how much this was I bought it such a long time ago!). It is a shimmery pinky nude which looked really nice over MAC Creme Cup (£13.50). I have been wearing this on nights out and love it. I don't tend to wear lip glosses in the day as my hair tends to stick to it which drives me insane!




Figs & Rouge - Rambling Rose - lip, face & body balm  (£3.49 - 8ml) - There has been a lot of publicity about Figs & Rouge at the moment as apparently Emma Watson said it is one of her favorite products. Well she has a point! I have had this balm for quite some time now and apply it to my lips and any dry patches on my face every night. This is a winter must have if you ask me! I need to add more to my collection so I can have one in every bag as well as on my bedside table. Plus it is an utter bargain!


My January Favorites Most Favorite!

This month my most used and enjoyed product is another I got in my Beauty Box. 
It is the Lierac Paris - Creme Mesolift (£30.60 - £50ml)
This is a rich anti aging moisturiser. I claims to make skin feel toned, smoothed and moisturised. I would say it definitely does all three. It doesn't leave any greasy residue which I hate. It just leaves you feeling moisturised, toned and fresh. It smells fantastic too, very zesty! The orange tinge to the cream did put me off at first but now I think it makes it look cute. This is a generous 15ml jar but I will be purchasing a full sized jar before my 10% code from my Beauty Box runs out!

Can't wait to do next months post. I wonder what will be my most favorite of February?

Loves xxx

4 comments:

  1. i love reading peoples monthly favourites :)
    great post! xx

    lausloft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the mac lippi, i own it and im also loving the face cream too got that in my beauty box :D

    great blog hunni now following xx

    http://www.dream1ncolour.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still don't know if I should buy the full pot of the face cream! I need to hurry up as the code finishes soon...unless it already has!

      xx

      Delete