So this is basically my crap products post! I really hate it when products disappoint me or simply don't do what the claim to.
Firstly I would like to warn you from buying these -
These are so expensive for what they are. I do use face wipes to take my make up before I cleanse properly with a cleansing face wash. I kept hearing about how face wipes are really bad for your skin. So I thought instead of spending £1 on my usual wipes I would invest in these to see if they improve my breakouts. NO! They are dry, rough and drag my skin. They have not helped my skin in the slightest, if anything it has become worse. I will be sticking with my supermarket cheap sensitive wipes from now on!
This next product broke my heart when I had to admit I didn't like it! I had read and watched a lot of reviews on BB creams way before they came out over in the UK. I was obsessed by Japanese make up at the time and I just had to have this BB cream in my collection. So I went on ebay and many international websites and ended up paying quite a bit to get this shipped from Japan. When it came I loved the packaging and was convinced it was going to be my new favorite foundation. It glided on so well and matched my tone perfectly.
The problem with this product?...By 3pm my face was like an oil slick. Literally this was just sliding down my face. I could run my finger across my face and it would leave a nice clear line! I stuck with this product for a week or two, tried different primers and application methods but I made no difference!
I keep toying with selling this but I am hoping to try it again one day and it to turn out to be the product I was dreaming it would be!
Now, I love MAC as much as the next person but this product just baffles me.
Yes it's a very pretty colour (Pink silvery shimmer) but what the heck do I use it for? I could use it as an eye-shadow but I don't like pink shadows, I could use it as a highlight but it is extremely shimmery! Even if I did decided to use it for either of these purposes...how do I apply it without getting it everywhere?! The packaging is very poor. If it was in a pressed powder I am sure it would be more user friendly. I may look at trying to press it myself but I will have to invest in so equipment first!
I absolutely love this product. The problem with it is the tube. I cannot control the product coming out of it! I squeeze it to get a little bit out and it just keeps on coming! The only way to stop it is to put the cap back on but then that gets all messy which make me not want to put it back in my bag. They seriously need to redesign this and put it in a plastic tube and scrap the metal rubbish it is in at the moment!
MEMEME Cool & Calm Colour Corrector - Purple and Green (I think these are discontinued now)
These two product I bought on a friend recommendation. I have since told her she talks nonsense (hehe!). These are suppose to conceal and correct pigmentation in the skin. The green is to neutralise red tones and the purple is to conceal dark circles. They don't do either in my opinion. They don't blend very easily so leave you with green and purple patches. It only highlights the problem areas it is mean to be covering up. They have also dried out very quickly too so I would suggest you save your money and just buy a good concealer!
I do have many other products I am not fond of but this will do for now. I am sure there will be people who love these products but personally I will not be spending my cash on them again!
Are there any products I should steer clear from in your opinion?
Loves xxx
Have you tried squeezing some of the blistex into a pot & you can keep that in your bag, rather than having to worry about an explosion of lippy ending up all over everything?
ReplyDeleteGosh...I am such an idiot for not thinking of this! Ha. I have a small pot I have just emptied too. Cheers :D
DeleteAhh I didn't think of doing that either! I have the same complain with the Blistex relief cream. Its an AMAZING product but if you put it in your bag the messy lid picks up all the embarrising dust and make up that's somehow loose in your bag, and you open the lid and BAM half the tube is all over your fingers.
DeleteIf it gets near a hair brush...ugh just gross! I am about to de-tube it now! x
DeleteReally enjoyed this post. It's what I love about blogging, honest opinions. You're not slating the products, just being honest! xx
ReplyDeleteAww thanks hun. All the brand I mention I love! It is just these products just get me a little frustrated!
Deletexxx
Good post. I have the same thing with my benefit you rebel. I've wasted most of the product having to wipe it off because it just keeps on coming! I enjoyed reading this as I know what to miss. thanks xxx
ReplyDeleteI think there is a reason why plastic tubes were invented! They should take the hint and use them! They also split on the sides sometimes too and that isn't good either :/
DeleteCheers for reading hun :)