Sunday, 6 May 2012

RevitaLash Goodies!

If you haven't heard of this stuff and you have short weak eyelashes you need to be informed! This site *RevitaLash* gives you all the lowdown on what it SAYS it does. But does it really do that? Well, I haven't used it myself but my mum has. She has never had good lashes, they have always been tiny, so small in fact she could hardly get any mascara on. Since using this stuff her lashes have grown to a nice normal length and are lovely and pigmented. (I don't have any pictures unfortunately because my mum wont let me take any of her!)


She loves this so much she is onto her 2nd bottle. Now my mother is quite tight so she would only buy another one if it worked because they are nearly £60 a pop!

She buys hers from QVC and this time she bought a set which included the RevitaLash treatment, a primer and a mascara. This was on a special price at £54.96 + p&p which is cheaper that the RevitaLash is on its own! So a complete bargain! I also win in this deal because my mum doesn't wear mascara or primer so they found their way into my sticky mitts!

Now I have been blessed with pretty long eyelashes myself so I do not need to use the RevitaLash treatment myself (even though I may try my mums just in case it makes them even better!). But I am always up for trying new mascaras and primers to see if they can surpass my all time favorites, Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero Smudge Mascara and Lash Primer Plus which I have used for about 3 years now. 

They always wax lyrical about the products when they are on QVC obviously because they are trying to flog em! But is it actually any good?

On the whole I do really like them both. 

RevitaLash Volumising Mascara - £14.00 from QVC



RevitaLash Volumising Primer - £14.01 from QVC



Before



With RevitaLash Primer




With RevitaLash Primer and Mascara





The primer is nothing like I have tried before, for a start it is electric blue! This then doubles up as a blue mascara and a primer, though I can't remember the last time I had the urge to wear blue mascara! The primer did add length to my lashes but not so much volume, and this is usually what I use a primer on my lashes for.

The mascara was pretty much the same. It gave good length but lacked in the volumising department. However the consistency of the mascara is quite liquidy so I think if you didn't mind waiting for it to dry in between coats you could keep applying till you got more volume though I think it would go a little spidery!

Now the reason why I love the Estee Lauder Double Wear Mascara is because like it says, it does not smudge! I hate mascaras that fall under your eye and give you that panda look. This never, ever moves once it is on, I have even been in floods of tears before and it hasn't budged! So for me to replace this mascara in my bag I would have to find something with that staying power. 

This mascara did stay on pretty well throughout the day. However it did start to flake during the evening. But I did get at least 9 hours wear out of it before this happened.

I do like both the primer and the mascara and I will get some use out of them but they will probably be my second or third go to products after my Estee Lauder and Bourjois Volume Clubbing which I usually apple over the Estee Lauder Primer and Mascara if I am off on a night out.

Worth the money? In that deal yes!

On their own? I think at a push yes but you could probably find cheaper and similar products on the high street. 

If I can manage to persuade my mum into posing for a photo I shall update this post!





No comments:

Post a Comment