Saturday, 19 May 2012

MAC Sheertone Blush

I have been meaning to do a post on MAC Sheertone Blushes for a while now but never seemed to get round to it.

With MAC and Benefit I find that I do not love everything in their ranges. I find them both very all or nothing. There are no products by either brand that I think are OK, I either LOVE a product or HATE it!

MAC Sheertone Blushes are definitely a LOVE product! I only have two but I have sampled a few of my friends collection as she has many!

The two I own are Coygirl and Loverush. These are two very different colours but both I love equally as much!




I bought Coygirl maybe 2 years ago now and I still have loads left even though I used it everyday for 6 months and use it at least 3 times a week since then! It is a very pink colour without being too 'barbie'. I like to use this more in the spring and summer as it gives a lovely pop of colour.

Loverush on the other hand is a very deep colour, I would liken it to burgundy. A very berry colour! I wear this mainly in the winter or on a night out as it gives a very warm cosy look. If that makes any sense at all! I loved wearing this around Christmas time.

(Below - Loverush)



(Above Left - Coygirl / Right - Loverush)

I would say that these two colours are very nearly matte. They only have the very subtlest shimmer. 
They blend very well but you must use a light hand as they are very pigmented! 
Especially with Loverush or you could end up looking like you have been beaten up!

I would definitely recommend these. 
I am a fan of Benefits power boxes too but think that these are much better value for money at £17.50 and are better for creating looks with out piling on the shimmer!

I would like to point you all to this blog (Meg) while we are talking about MAC products as I know quite a lot of people keep an eye out for MAC on Buyapowa. Just something to be mindful of.

I would like to know what the other finishes are like!



4 comments:

  1. These are both beautiful colours. I have Mac's 'Pinch Me' which is a dark pink shade. As I'm pale I have to use it with a light hand! I'm tempted by coygirl now, it's so summery and pretty. Great reviews by the way xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really pale too. All MAC foundations are too dark for me! But the Loverush looks super pretty on pale skin in the winter :)

      You should definitely treat yourself to Coygirl! xx

      Delete
  2. you're such a pretty lady! :D i love your blog header.

    ReplyDelete