Haul time...
I have been having a nightmare at the moment with the hairdryer I use at uni. It is only a small travel one and now my hair is getting longer it takes ages to dry it and the past few times I have used it it has pulled my hair in the back of it creating lovely knots! I am scared that one day it will pull it all in and I will have to have it all cut off!
So when my boyfriend offered to take me to dinner in Meadowhall I took the opportunity to nip into Boots.
I never really look at reviews for buying hairdryers I just pick a mid-priced one and opt for that.
This time I came away with this...
What drew me to this one? Obviously the fact it is animal print!
I have had a look inside and it all looks fairly standard. I may do a review on this in the future but just on the design and price it gets a big thumbs up from me!
For Christmas I got a Tangle Teezer and I have used it everyday since and think it has made an improvement to my hair. It always looks smoother when combed with this. I have put the original in my bag a few times but it does squish the bristles a bit. So I decided to get the compact styler edition to keep in my handbag. I do think it is a little expensive but I will just have to live with that!
These products were bought on the recommendation of Lizzie (See her blog here!).
My hair has been highlighted in the past but not for a very long time now and my natural colour is a dark blonde with natural highlights. I don't really want to highlight my hair again but I feel it is quite dull.
When I mentioned this to Lizzie she said she uses the John Freida Brilliant Brunette range and maybe I should give the Sheer Blonde a go. So that is what I have done! I haven't used these yet but I am hopeful, I have read some good reviews about it and to be honest it can't make my hair any duller surely?!
She also recommended I try the Burt's Bees Sensitive Night Cream as I am having a few problems with my skin lately. I am always apprehensive about trying new skincare products because I do have very reactive and sensitive skin. I usually stick to products I know, even if they aren't amazing, just because they don't send my skin into a raw, red, painful mess. I am hoping this suits me because I am fed up of having to put up with bad skin.
Lastly I picked up a mega bargain in my opinion!
These are basically Berocca but so much cheaper seen as Berocca is £4.99 for 15! They were 3 for 2 but I gave a box to my boyfriend because I am nice like that!
They are effervescent tables that you just pop into a glass of cold water, they fizz a bit and then you are left with a nice orange drink full of goodness!
Lately I have been feeling run down and decided that I needed to make sure I am getting the vitamins I need to boost my immune system. Usually I would say only take supplements if you have been told that you need them by a doctor but I have taken these for the past week now and I feel like they are having an effect. I do on the other hand have a virus right now so it could be a completely placebo effect! I am putting the virus down to mixing with new people at the start of term, dirty students eh?!
Anyway...I must stop going to Meadowhall...It makes my bank account cry!
Loves xxx
good haul, that burts bees moisturiser looks really lovely!
ReplyDeleteI think I will do a review once I have given it a good test out! I love the packaging though :)
Deletexx
I think I might have to get a tangle teaser. They sound great!
ReplyDeletehttp://lottie-loves-beauty.blogspot.com/
They are! I am glad I discovered them :)
Deletexxx
I would recommend them! They are expensive for what they are but they do work. I probably would never have tried them if I hadn't got one as a present but I don't begrudge spending my money so I can have one in my handbag for emergencies! I would say just get the Compact one though if you are on a budget because you can used that everyday and it won't get damaged in your bag either.
ReplyDeletexxxx
That shampoo and conditioner was great on my hair, I also used the Schwarzkopf touch of silver shampoo (twice a week) and found that really helps too :) meadowhall also bleeds me dry!! Heaven and hell on earth
ReplyDeletemisskirstymarie.blogspot.com
xxx
I can't go into Meadowhall and not spend any money...it would be rude not to!
DeleteI have used the Sheer Blonde tonight and I like it so far! I may try the Schwartzkopf too. I am determined to get bright shiny hair!
xxx
Love a good haul post. I'd be really interested to hear your review of the Bertie Bee stuff. I have really sensitve skin too and usually just use Simple products. Would love to try something different. Also, can't wait to hear how the shampoo goes. Could save myself a trip to the hairdressers if it's any good.
ReplyDeleteHELen
pierrelecat
I used to use Simple a few years ago but my skin took a sudden dislike to it! My skin tends to do that, it gets use to something and then it just breaks out.
DeleteI will definitely do a review when I have given it a good go.
I used to Sheer Blonde tonight and so far so good! I will give that a week or so and do a post.
xxx
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletegreat haul dear!I love the hairdryer!!
ReplyDeleteI used it yesterday and I liked it! Bit heavy though!
Deletexx
The hairdryer looks so pretty - they sure know how to please us girls don't they! Let me know how the Burt's Bees cream goes, I've been intrigued by their skincare for a while now! xx
ReplyDeleteI will hun. I am excited to try it myself :)
Deletexxx
Great post (I live near Meadowhall too- cant stay away from the place!) Burts Bees Carrot cream is amazing btw,- will look out for the nigh cream. Ta!
ReplyDeleteThey have a really wide range of things now I think. I need to use up what I have before I buy more though I think! xxx
DeleteCool post and your blog... Xoxo V.V.
ReplyDeleteThanks hun xxx
Delete