Saturday, 25 February 2012

I guess life just happens...

This is a post which probably won't really interest anyone but seen as this is MY blog I guess I can write whatever I like.

I am just feeling extremely reflective at the moment. I feel settled at the moment in my mind even though I am going through a big transition in my life. I can't hide the fact I have had battles with mental illness in the past and it is accepting this and understanding myself which has led me to be so content right now.
In the last 3 years I have really changed my life around and everything seems a whole lot brighter. I have plans for the future and I am actually looking forward to it! There were times that I seriously couldn't see further than the next day never mind years to come.

My boyfriend has been a huge part of this transition. I had already started getting myself together when I met him. Right from the first date I knew we were meant to be together... it took him a few months to twig on though! He is the most supportive, loving and patient person I have ever known and I have tested his qualities to the max and he has always believed in me and us. I in no way deserve him but I am glad he see's something in me I fail to see.

I hope I can continue to be as strong and fulfilled as I am at the moment but I am aware I could relapse at anytime. I think now I will be able to spot the signs prevent anything too drastic. 

I also just wanted him to know how much I appreciate him as well as my family for all their support.






4 comments:

  1. Well done and keep going. Yay for great boyfriends and the mindfulness to reflect xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to think I would be in a similar situation if I hadn't met him but he has accelerated the process! xxx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for your honesty. I myself have delt with mental issues relating to depression and anxiety, and it's refreshing to see a young person being honest about what is going on in their lives. I only hope for the best and that's amazing that your boyfriend is standing beside you every step of the way:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I mean i still have a few negative thoughts a day but I can rationalise them now. Sorry to here you have had to deal with a mental illness too but the more we talk about it the better I think!

      Hope you are well!

      xxx

      Delete