Thursday, 23 February 2012

Real Techniques Stippling Brush vs Elf Studio Powder Brush

So strolling through Boots the other day...I spy the find of the month! Real Techniques brushes just sitting on the bottom shelf in a tiny corner! I had to try! I thought I would go for the stippling brush seen as it has rave reviews. I found it similar to my ELF Powder Brush so thought I would do a mini compare.




Quality

The Real Techniques brush is in my opinion better quality. 
The brush is softer and the handle feels sturdier. However neither of them have shed at all which surprised me as I thought the ELF one would! 
The ELF brush is a bigger brush but I don't think that matters too much. Certainly doesn't stop it doing the same job.





Finish
I use these brushes with my Revlon Colorstay foundation and the both work a treat.
The Real Techniques brush does give more of a flawless finish but not by much. 
I think this is because it is softer and smaller so it blends everything in a little better. You can also get around your nose a bit easier.
If you worked with the ELF brush a bit you can create a similar effect though.


Price

Real Techniques Stippling Brush is £11.99 here.
ELF Powder Brush is £3.50 here.



Which would I recommend?

Well I think it all boils down to price. 
I have both and I would repurchase both.
If I am short of cash I would probably wait for ELF to do free postage and get theirs.
If I was feeling flash I would go for Real Techniques!

Even thought the Real Techniques is more expensive than the ELF it is relatively cheap for a good brush however, the ELF brush is an utter bargain!

If I was to go for a Real Technique brush again I think I would go for a set as they are around £21 and you get 4 brushes. 

I better stay away from Boots for a while or my bank account will look sad!







8 comments:

  1. Love the RT brush, not tried the elf one though. Thanks for the review! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I've been looking at both of these brushed lately. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have the money I would go for RT one but if you are counting the pennies go for ELF!

      xxx

      Delete
  3. I have both and I use them for different jobs, I use the powder brush for foundation and powder and I use the RT one for creme blush! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I bet it is really good for that! I don't wear cream blush because it makes my pores look huge! I think the RT would be good for blending concealer too!

      xxx

      Delete
  4. Real Techniques brushes are so wonderful! i havent tried their stippling brush though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am heading into town tomorrow so may pick up some more!

      xxx

      Delete