Friday, 30 December 2011

OPI Nail Envy Matte Review

My nails are and always have been rubbish! Until I tried OPI Nail Envy Original. When using it correctly and religiously it makes my nails long and strong. However, I came to the end of my bottle and I could not face spending the £18.55 price tag for another bottle! So I just went a bit crazy with nail polish for 2 months. Now my nails are in a poor state.

On Christmas day I opened this little beauty and jumped for joy! Now I can try the matte version and get my nails tip top for the new year!

OPI Nail Envy Matte - £18.55 (*Click*)



As you can see the Matte version is a whitish cloudy polish where the Original is clearer but a little yellowy. With the Original I found that by the end of the week my nails did look a bit discolored from all the layers of polish.


How to use -
With both products you have to apply 2 coats onto bare clean nails, then every other day apply another coat. After a week of doing this remove with OPI Nail Polish Remover (£7.30) with cotton wool and start again.

My nails before applying the OPI Nail Envy Matte -

Short brittle, splitting and pealing!


After applying 2 coats onto clean nails -


As you can see my nails do look a bit neater but aren't overly shiny. With the original they go a lot glossier. You get a much more natural look with the Matte, if anything they just look buffed!


Nails after a week of applying every other day -


Looking longer but a little bit shabby! I have been to Rome sight seeing in the cold every day and forgot to take hand cream!



Removed with OPI Remover -



Nails after filing and re-applying -




My nails had grown longer but because they had peeled before I applied the first coat of Nail Envy, when I removed it I needed to file the tips down where they had flaked. The next time I have to remove the treatment I don't think I will need to file them as much so they will start to look longer. I think you can see from the first picture to the last a definite improvement. Less peeling and they look healthier. 


I think I do prefer the Matte to the Original as it gives a more natural look and doesn't go as yellow as the Original. As for the performance...I feel they both do exactly the same job.


I will definitely be purchasing the Matte once I have used this bottle up no matter how much it pains me to pay the price!


Loves xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment