I was bored out of my mind because I had spent 2 long weeks stuck in my flat doing uni work so I decided to venture into town. What could cheer me up more than having a good browse at my favorite cosmetic stands. Well...it depressed me! I realised how expensive make up is these days. So I dragged my sorry ass to Boots in hope of getting a little something to cheer me up for under £20. This is what I found....
I have bought drug store make up in the past but no drug store make up has ever really stayed in my make up bag for long other than my Revlon Color Stay Foundation. I was drawn to the L'Oreal stand because it had some shiny boxes that said FREE underneath them!
If you spent £15 you got a box full of goodies worth £25 for free...naturally I gave in!
What I bought to get my free gift was Volume Million Lashes in Extra Black (£11.29) and Contour Parfait Lip Liner in 657 Rosewood (£4 ish!).
I have heard very good things about the Volume Million Mascara and it is much cheaper than my usual Estee Lauder Double Wear Lengthening Mascara so I thought it was worth a try.
(Volume Million Lashes in Extra Black)
I have no lip liners but many pinky neutral lipsticks so though this would be a good purchase even if I only use it when I am going on a night out.
(Contour Parfait Lip Liner in 657 Rosewood)
So here is the free stuff!
In the free box came the following -
Full sized Glam Bronze Trio
Full sized Color Riche Lipstick in 390 Nude Treasure
Full sized Contour Khol Eye Pencil in 164 Golden Brown
Mini Youth Code Day Cream (8ml)
Studio Secrets Resurfacing Smoothing Primer Sachet (1ml)
Revitalift Repair 10 Multi-Action Daily Moisturiser Sachet (1.5ml)
Elvive Triple Resist Reinforcing Shampoo Sachet (10ml)
Save £2 coupon for True Match Liquid Foundation
Worth It Day Competition information
Glam Bronze in Blondes -
Color Riche Lipstick in 390 Nude Treasure -
Contour Khol in Chrome Brown -
Swatches above are: Top - Glam Bronze in Blondes (3 shades bronze, gold and pink), Middle - Color Riche Lipstick in 390 Nude Treasure, Bottom - Contor Khol Eye Pencil in 164 Golden Brown.
I haven't had much of a chance to use all the products but my first impressions are good! The reason why I went for my Double Wear Mascara in the first place was because it NEVER falls under my eyes after a long day like most mascaras do...so far neither does the Volume Million Lashes so fingers crossed I have found a cheaper alternative!
The lipstick is a gorgeous shimmery nude which looks so pretty for a every day look and is very moristurising but you can feel the shimmer particles on ur lips (a bit gritty!).
Glam Bronze is very glam! Very shimmery but great for the party season and nights out...best to use with a light hand!
Finally the Contour Khol is beautiful. A bronze gold brown which I like to line my bottom lash line with to give a softer look than my MAC Smolder. Divine!
So all in all I got 5 full size products for the price of 2 AND free samples, coupons and my Boots Advantage Points! I think this offer is still available in store and online at www.boots.com
Loves! xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment