Liz Earle - Previous Skin Care Routine
Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish 100ml Starter Kit with Muslin Cloth @ £13.75 - Our plant based cleanser has a two-phase action, phase one is the cleansing. Free from mineral oil, it has a rich and creamy texture and swiftly removes all traces of face and eye make up, even stubborn mascara.
Instant Boost Skin Tonic 200ml @ £12.25 - Gentle and alcohol-free, this heavenly scented, non-drying floral toner revitalises, soothes and brightens skin.
My skin care routine has recently changed. I previously used the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, Instant Boost Skin Tonic and Skin Repair Moisturiser. When I first used these I loved them. I loved the clean feeling the Cleanse and Polish gave but it never really made my skin clear like it seems to with most people. I still had the same old break outs as before. I stuck with this for at least a year wanting it to work but it just hasn't really done wonders for my skin.
Then one day my lovely mother came to me and in her own special way said to me "Good god your skin is awful! You look like a teenager!".
At the ripe old age of 26 I would usually take being told I look like a teenager as a compliment but not this time. She recommended that I try some Elemis products because they had been raving about it on QVC (I tried to tell my mum that that was their job as they wanted to sell it!). I thought I would give it a go anyway seen as I had nothing to lose. So off I went to investigate and here is what I found...
Elemis - New Skin Care Routine
Sensitive Cleansing Wash 200ml @ £19.40- This unique wash cleans skin effectively, yet is gentle enough for the most sensitive complexions. Thyme, German Chamomile and Lady’s Mantle are renowned for their anti-bacterial and soothing properties. Perfect for rehydrating dry and sensitive skin.
Soothing Apricot Toner 200ml @ £19.40 - Extracts of fragrant Apricot soothe and harmonise, giving rise to a fresh sensation and radiant appearance. Ideally suited to extra-sensitive, delicate and hormonal skin. This alcohol-free toner is so gentle, it may also be applied to cotton pads for a soothing eye treatment.
As I have pretty sensitive skin the lady at the counter suggested I try the Sensitive Cleansing Wash together with the Soothing Apricot Toner.
I have used these for a month or so now and my skin has improved dramatically. I still get breakouts when I am hormonal but the rest of the time my skin is smooth,soft and mostly blemish free. I enjoy using the wash as I can used it in the same way I did with the Cleanse and Polish with the muslin cloth or if I am in the shower and just wan't to wash my face quickly I can just rinse it off. Using it either way my skin feel so clean and smells amazing!
That is one down point with these products...they smell! They smell delicious but they can be a little over powering. Don't be put off by this if you have sensitive skin though. With me always being sensitive to products I have always stayed away from strong smelling fragrances but in this case it has made no difference to my skin in the slightest.
Moisturising
Night - I still moisturies at night with my Liz Earle Skin Repair moisturiser because my skin drinks it in and i seem to have no problem with it and want to use it up!
Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser Dry/Sensitive 50ml tube @ £18.25 - This perfectly balanced moisturiser softens, smoothes and conditions skin for a naturally healthy glow.
Day - In a morning I always use my Ultrasun SPF 30 Face which is a SPF which only needs applying once a day and a moisturiser in one. I swear by this stuff. It is amazing! It soaks into the skin really well and gives a good base for make up. I use it all through the year as I am super conscious of lines and aging as I am getting older! I think at i hit my 30's I may need to add another moisturiser in the mornings as well as my Ultrasun but for now this is great!
Ultrasun SPF 30 Face 50ml @ £18.00 RRP - Advanced all-in-one skin care and sun protection
Airless pump dispenser to prevent product deterioration and contamination. Incorporating the very latest skin care research and advances, Face 30 delivers very high, all day protection (UVA 98% Australian Standard and UVB SPF 30) with just one application.
It contains Ectoin for active DNA and cell protection as well as S.O.D., an enzyme that effectively neutralises skin-damaging free radical activity stimulated by exposure to the sun. Its Boron Nitride (the Science of Softness) reduces fine lines and its formulation reduces the loss of the skin’s own moisture content, so there’s no need to moisturise.
It is free from oils, emulsifiers and perfume reducing the risk of allergy and making it especially suitable for sensitive skins. Like all Ultrasun products, it is non-staining, non-greasy, water-resistant and easy to use.
Airless pump dispenser to prevent product deterioration and contamination. Incorporating the very latest skin care research and advances, Face 30 delivers very high, all day protection (UVA 98% Australian Standard and UVB SPF 30) with just one application.
It contains Ectoin for active DNA and cell protection as well as S.O.D., an enzyme that effectively neutralises skin-damaging free radical activity stimulated by exposure to the sun. Its Boron Nitride (the Science of Softness) reduces fine lines and its formulation reduces the loss of the skin’s own moisture content, so there’s no need to moisturise.
It is free from oils, emulsifiers and perfume reducing the risk of allergy and making it especially suitable for sensitive skins. Like all Ultrasun products, it is non-staining, non-greasy, water-resistant and easy to use.
Face Wipes
Yes I do use them! Only to take off most of my make up before cleansing thoroughly.
Hopefully I will continue to have better skin from now on! I hate finding products that suit me. Time and money consuming!
Take care xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment