Monday, 15 October 2012

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Nude / Benefit Eye Bright

I read a review somewhere when the Rimmel Scandaleyes waterproof khols were going around the promo circuit and they mentioned that the Nude shade would make a really good colour to use in your water line to widen the eyes.

This got me really excited because I use Benefits Eye Bright in my waterline nearly every day and I love it but it is a bit pricey.

Benefit Eye Bright - £14.00
Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal 005 Nude - £3.99

When I was in Boots a few weeks ago I made a b-line for Rimmel stand and picked up the Nude and Taupe shade of the Scandaleyes Kohls and bought them immediately!
When I tried the Nude one I used it just the same as my Eye Bright, in the waterline of my lower lid and in the corner of my eye. I was very disappointed with the result! It just looked like I had put concealer on my eyes. It gave me a very waxy pale look instead of a bright eyed awake look.



(Eye Bright / Scandaleyes - 005 NUDE)

Having said that, I love the formula of these Kohls. They are really creamy and blendable when first applied but dry to a no budge liner. I think the Nude did last longer in the waterline than the Eye Bright but the colour just didn't cut it. I am not sure if it looked too dark on me and that if you had a darker skin tone it wouldn't stand out so much.

I wouldn't discourage anyone from buying this for eye widening purposes but it wont be replacing my beloved Eye Bright unfortunately! I think for the price it is worth a shot but not if you have pale skin! I am not totally sure what I will use this for now but I will probably think of something.


As for the Taupe colour, I have been wearing this everyday since I bought it! Love, love, love it!

(Benefit Eye Bright / Scandaleyes -005 Nude / Scandaleyes - 004 TAUPE)

They also do the colours Black, Bronze, Silver, Purple and Bright Blue...I may be tempted to buy some more!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! I was going to buy the new one for that reason but as I am ridiculously pale perhaps not! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I was going to buy the nude one after seeing everyone saying it is fab but I think the colour would look off on me too as I have very pale skin. Will be sticking with my Eye Bright!

    ReplyDelete