Wednesday, 17 October 2012

New Skincare additions - Garnier, Soap & Glory and Lush



So I went on a bit of a skincare mission the other week because I have some issues I need sorting!

Dark pigmented areas on the tops of my cheeks!
Small fine eye lines!
Dry flaky lips!

I kinda knew what I was going to buy before I even went into town because I did some online research and I am glad I did.

The Garnier Dark Spot Corrector (£7.99 normally £9.99) was on offer so that was a pretty good deal. I have used this every night for 3 weeks and it is definitely fading the dark patches. I am not sure they will go all together but I am pleased with the results so far. It is a lovely light formula that gives just enough hydration. It kind of has a light fragrance but I cannot put my finger on it!

I have noticed that I have started with a few very fine lines around my eyes. I'm not sure if it is because I am tired all the time or if I am just getting old, or both! I didn't realise but this Soap and Glory Super Eyes (£9.00) eye gel has small shimmer particles in it. You cannot tell once it is applied but it makes it look super pretty. I have been using this a while now and I can't really tell much difference  Maybe I need a rich cream rather than a gel. It is very nice though.

The last product is from Lush, it is their Sweet Lips Lip Scrub (£5.25). I got the chocolate one rather than the bubblegum one as I was informed by the man selling it me that it was being discontinued so I snapped it up. I have lusted after the bubblegum one for ages but this one is just as scrummy. It definitely works and I can see it lasting along time. I use it just before bed and then apply a lip balm and in the morning they are supple and soft and ready for lipstick!







3 comments:

  1. Definitely need to look into the garnier product for my mum!

    mezmadeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. the chocolate lip scrub sounds amazing! i hope i can pick some up before its discontinued.
    i love your blog, its so pretty and the content is great too, its full of personality and you seem so lovely so please do pop over and say hi, i'd love to chat to you lots more!
    hope to hear from you soon,
    laura xx
    http://ilikecrayonsxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't like the Soap and Glory Eye Cream either, I have fine lines too and I'm now using the Skin NY Radical Eye Contour Cream. It's expensive but I think any anti-aging specific eye cream would probably give you better results and would likely be more nourishing x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete