My rubbish week started on Monday. I started with a headache on my drive back to university which 3 hours later developed into a massive headache.
On Tuesday I quickly found out the cause of this headache was my infected tooth as it started to be immensely painful to the point I wanted to cry!
Instead of crying I rang the dentist up and got an appointment for the following day.
So on Wednesday I take my sorry ass down to the dentist...
'There is nothing more we can do for your tooth, take these antibiotics and make an appointment for and extraction'.
YES! AN EXTRACTION!
I am going to be a gummy bear (sad sad sad face!).
Luckily I think the tooth is far enough back that you wont be able to see it (I hope!).
So I was kinda okay with that because it has been infected on and off for the past year and it has already been root filled and crowned so I guess there is no other solution other than to rip the bugger out!
Thursday was okay and I managed to control the fluctuating pain with Paracetamol and Diclofenac in the day and Codeine at night.
Friday and today however, have been a different story! The right side of my face has swollen so I now look like a hamster pocketing food, my mouth has dropped and the pain is tremendous!
![]() |
| OUCHY! |
I am taking Codeine and Diclofenac and it isn't even touching the pain!
I am going to give it till I have had my course of antibiotics which finish on Monday and if it is still this bad I am going to the dentist, even if I have to go to the out of hours dentist because I cannot wait much longer to have it out!
I just felt the need to vent this out because I am not to good when it comes to pain! I feel the need to share it!
If you have any dental problems and keep putting off getting them sorted (even though I go ever 6 months!!!) please go and get it looked at or you could be in pain too!


Oh no, sounds awful. I find that tooth and ear problems are the worst and so difficult to soothe. Hope the pain subsides soon xx
ReplyDeleteAww thanks hun!
DeleteYeah I know its a weird pain.
I have just read they ice can help so I will give that a try!
xxx
Nooo hope the antibiotics start doing their job soon!!
ReplyDeletexo
If not I will turn into a bigger baby and cry!
Deletexx
Awesome blog! Come by and let's follow each other ;)! Stay in touch xx
ReplyDelete