Saturday, 25 August 2012

August JolieBox - Hit or Miss?

I was never swept along with the beauty box buzz when it first started but as time went on I decided to take the plunge and went for the Feelunique.com beauty box subscription. I loved the Feel Unique box but unfortunately they decided to stop producing the box so again I was back to square one.

After much deliberation I decided to subscribe to the JolieBox monthly subscription for £10 + £2.95 p&p.

My first box was the July box and I was quite impressed. I did receive 2 products which were tanning related which didn't interest me in the slightest but the other products more than made up for that!

This month however I have been very much disappointed.

The box looked promising as it is a special edition box, meaning it was pretty colours instead of plain black. This is as far as the excitement went for me though. 

The box included the following -


Dr Bronner's Pure-Castile Soap 'pillows' - 

So these are not pillows they are just sachets of soap which apparently revive from head to toe. 
So does this mean I can use them as shampoo then? Or just soap? I am confused. 
If you can use them as shampoo there is definitely not enough in the samples to do both my hair and my body. I am sure these will be nice but not exactly thrilling, they will be joining my 10000's of other shower gel samples I keep for weekends away.

Phil Smith Be Gorgeous Dry Clean Revitalising Dry Shampoo - 
Really? Dry shampoo? I love dry shampoo but these are suppose to be luxury samples, I do not class dry shampoo as a luxury. At least I know I will use this at some point I guess.

So Susan Cosmetics Lip Cushion (Sheer lip gloss) - 
I do like receiving cosmetics in my beauty box, but honestly they shouldn't really have bothered with this on my account. It is way too glittery for me, too pink (though I am sure it will go on more sheer), too over packaged and smells like calpol. 
I would like to give this to someone but unfortunately I do not know any 6 year old girls. 
Guess this will go in my 'might use on day' draw.

So Susan Cosmetics Wide Awake Face Palette (Illuminating Cream, Highlighting Cream, Eyebrow Sculptor, Small brush and a pair of tweezers) - 
Again I think this looks like it was made for a 6 year old. Now this is just a personal thing, I don't like cream highlighters or blushes etc so I was never really going to like this palette. The thing I find odd about this palette is the eyebrow sculptor, it is 3 powder colour (dark brown, light brown, redish brown) but they are all shimmery. I would never put a shimmery powder on my eyebrows and they aren't really the colours I would even use as eyeshadows either. 

JolieBox Leather Hair Styling Lace - 
What? What is this? Apparently they are putting Youtube videos up on how to use this. 
Yes, I will have to watch these because I have absolutely no idea.

So as you can probably tell, I am not impressed. I know this will happen every now and again and I will give it a few more months but if I get more miss boxes than hits I will be unsubscribing. I know £12.95 isn't a lot but I do expect better products than this.

How do you feel about your August JolieBox? Should I switch to Glossybox instead?




4 comments:

  1. This is exactly why I don't sign up for any of them! £12.95 is alot when you've basically paid it for nothing, I'd expect much better than that to be honest!

    misskirstymarie.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah tell me about it. I like the idea but in reality its a bit rubbish. Could have spent the money on something I actually wanted. xxx

      Delete
    2. The only one I've ever been impressed with when I've read reviews etc is the Glossybox from last month, I think I'd much rather do a swap with someone and give them an idea of what I wanted xxx

      Delete
  2. Hey I just followed. You have such a cute blog! I love reading these beauty box posts but too bad you were disappointed with yours. The items they gave isn't exactly worth the price.

    Anyways, follow back?
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete