If you know me you will know I have a completion as white as snow! I have blonde hair (natural!) and blue eyes and often hear comments such as; 'English Rose' or 'are you okay you look really pale?'. Both of which I never know whether to take as an insult or complement.
I have always been comfortable with my skin tone, which is good because the one and only time I tried fake tan I was hyper allergic to it!
As all you fair people out there will be aware, it is always a struggle to find products which match or complement our 'whiter shade of pale' look! So I have decided to share with you a few products I have found that work for me.
(Clockwise from left- New CID Cosmentics iglow Ice Pop/ Natural Collection Pink Cloud/ Collection 2000 Pressed Powder Ivory/ Benefit Eye Bright/ MAC Studio Fix NC15/ MAC Studio Finish Concealer NC15/ MUA Mosaic Blush English Rose)
New CID Cosmetics iglow (£22.50) - Ice Pop
This is a very subtle rosey pink shimmer which I use as a blush. It can be used as a highlight on darker tones but on me it is a perfect blush.
Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks (£1.99) - Pink Cloud
This is a 'barbie' type pink blush on me but is very blendable so can be used as a wash of colour or as a eye popping blush! I use this when I want more of a matte look as it has very little shimmer to it but is a beautiful colour for my fair skin. Gives a doll like look!
Collection 2000 Pressed Powder (£1.99) - 18 Ivory
This has been in my make up bag since I was in my teens (not this actual one but the product has!) This is a perfect colour for me, the formulation is pretty chalky but if used with the right brush and a light hand this is better than any high end powders I have ever used for setting my make up. It does not live any orange areas and rarely goes patchy. The only downside I really find with this is the packaging. If it was in a compact with a mirror I would happily pay more for it!
Benefit Eye Bright Instant Eye Brightener (£14.00)
This is another item I have had in my make up arsenal for as long as I remember. I find that as I am so pale if I am tired the redness in my eyes really stands out. A quick line of this in my water line really helps correct that and makes me look wide awake. I use this every day when I am on placement!
MAC Studio Fix Powder (£20.50) - NC15
I bought this as I was looking for a powder I could carry around in my bag as the Collection 2000 Pressed Powder is pretty impractical for me to carry around. Somebody recommended MAC to me as they had a really good colour range. Now in the shop this looked like it was perfect for me but when I got it home I realised that actually it is still too dark and makes me look a bit orange. Having said that it is okay for quick touch ups and I do keep this in my bag. I would say that if you are more a yellow toned fair skin then this may work for you but get them to use it in the shop and then go into natural light to check it is the right colour first!
MAC Studio Finish Concealer (£14.50) - NC15
This again like the Studio Fix is possible half a shade to a shade too dark for me but I do like it as my 'heavy duty' concealer. If I have a particularly nasty spot or really dark circles i find this works well as long as I fix it with my Collection 2000 powder. If i don't fix it then it doesn't really blend in with the rest of my face and can sometimes slide a bit as the day goes on.
MUA Mosaic Blush (£2.50) - English Rose
Now this is a very similar product to the New CID iglow but less subtle and more shimmery. I either use this a blush on it's own or I will use the iglow as a blush and swirl the purple and beige mosaics to get a lovely highlighter for my cheek bones. I would recommend this to any one on a budget who fancies the iglow but not the price tag!
Garnier Eye Roll-on Anti Dark Circles (£9.99) - 01 Very Fair
I was very excited when I saw this! I was even more excited when I got it home and it was actually very fair and a perfect match for me! It blends out very well and is enough to cover my dark circles and I even use it as a light concealer for other areas on my face too. I would highly recommend this! I would say wait until it is on offer though as I do think it is quite pricey but saying that you do get a lot of product.
Revlon Colorstay Combination/Oily Skin (£12.49) - 110 Ivory
I know this is a bit of a love/hate product in the beauty world but I happen to love it and I wear it every day! Yes it can be cakey if you put too much on but that is the key to this product...a little goes a very long way! I only use a small amount and blend it well with my Real Techniques stippling brush and it gives me a really natural look. If I am going out at night I usually put a little more on. As for the colour, this is the only colour I have ever found which does not make me look orange. I think it is because it is pink toned rather than yellow. I would urge anyone to try this if they are pale but please bear in mind the 'light hand' approach.
Benefit Speed Brow (£12.00)
I find that being so pale that if i load my brows with too much colour I can look like I have a scouse brow without even trying! I have been using this for a few months now and I love it. It has a slightly ashy brown colour to it but seems to dry quite clear. I think this helps with a more natural look rather than the over done one i can get using wax and powders.
(Below - left to right - Garnier Eye Roll-on - Very Fair/ Revlon Colorstay - 110 Ivory/ Benefit Speed Brow)
Any suggestions of must have products for us pale ladies?!

Great post, I have pale skin so can completely understand how you feel. I really want to try the MUA blush. xx
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Too bad they don't sell such pale colours in my country ): I'm still on the look for the perfect one!
ReplyDeleteWell if you ever fancy doing a swap I would happily pick up some products for you :) xx
DeleteOh that's sweet, I'll definately keep that in mind! :) xo
Deletegreat products :) I'm following you now :)
ReplyDeletehttp://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/